Thursday, June 10, 2010

Looking for Volunteers





*It has been a long time since I updated this blog. Last was a garden entry. I still am not doing much in the garden. In fact, except for a few additional purchases--peppers and cucumbers, I am looking mostly for volunteers.





I have enjoyed the cilantro that came up, all by itself, although I did plant these potato plants from some "seed" potatoes I found growing in my pantry.



I have harvested quite a few strawberries, and they are actually a decent size this year. The potatoes came from a plant I put in the ground last fall. The hot pepper plant was purchased, but the squash and all the nasturtiums are volunteers. The section next to the strawberries (some plants were transplanted to another flower bed) is now in corn and beans--last year's seeds, so it will be interesting to see what turns up. The petunia wintered over and the squash is a volunteer. I am still waiting to see if it a pumpkin or one of the squash varieties. Since it is a volunteer, and I know most seeds are hybrids, it will be interesting to see what it comes out to be. All but two of my ten tomato plants are volunteers, so once again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment