Sunday, May 29, 2011

Primarily Blue


I'm through with you, Primarily Blue.

I like how it turned out.  I like how the colors balanced out.  I like the block design, as well as the corner and mid-way sashing blocks.  However, the overall craftsmanship is less than excellent. 

Maybe I can't have everything?????



I designed the stencil I used on the blocks.  The jury is still out as far as my Singer being a top-notch quilting machine, although I realize a lot of the problem is with the machine operator.  In fact, it is the machine quilting part of the project that moved my quilt from excellent to so-so.





This is the backing.  I ended up putting some flowers and hearts from one of my fabrics used on front to cover some rough spots where the thread bunched up.  I like the design of this fabric when it is not giving me an eye-strain headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment