Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Garden as of May

The garden as of May.
Broccoli and garlic did great during the freeze.

Nothing fancy, but I am gradually adding to my garden. The late frost in mid-March killed a tomato plant and a couple of cucumber vines. I also lost two tomato plants and two pea plants to Buck who cannot tell a keeper plant from a weed. Hence, the landscaping flags by key plants. Oh, don't worry about the weeds. The freeze did not touch them. They just kept on growing.
Lots of little volunteer Marigolds.

Planted lots of potato starts last fall. They are popping up all over.
One of the surviving heirloom tomatoes. I try to barricade small plants so the cats don't dig them up when they do their business.

                           Some of my first baby peas of the season from my two surviving plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment