Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Quick-Clean Company Rules

I invited some company over recently, hinting it was a casual affair, nothing fancy. That was my way of saying that I was not going to do "THE BIG CLEAN" for them, but only the "quick clean".

Suzy Homemaker, I am not. My house is not "showroom ready" 24/7. So, when people stop by with the hint that I am only doing the quick clean, there are rules:

1. No white gloves allowed.

2. No pestering the pet spiders hanging out in the ceiling corners.

3. If you are over 5', 6" inches tall, no inspecting the top of the refrigerator or the stove hood.

4. No one but me gets into my refrigerator.

5. I will do my best to make sure the toilet and sink in the hall bath are clean and there is a clean hand towel, but no peeking behind the shower curtain. It is probably closed for a reason.

6. I suggest you not wear solid black or navy slacks. We have indoor long-hair kittys.

7. Do not look for dust bunnies under the recliners. They are probably there.

8. If you do happen to look, and also see a few escapee popcorn kernels, cracker crumbs, peanuts, M & Ms, etc., leave them there. Dust bunnies gotta eat.

9. View the stuff on our mantle from at least five feet away. In fact, everything in our house looks better from at least five feet away.

10. If it is summertime, I suggest you keep your shoes on. Sometimes a quick vacuuming does not pick up all the goatheads and other stickers that get tracked in.

11. Do not enter closed doors. No going into the side room (junk room), outside storage room or master bedroom closet. Where else do you think we hide all that eyesore everyday clutter that piles up, not to mention our hobby stuff?

12. Enter the laundry room at your own risk. That is where we keep the cat box.


No comments:

Post a Comment