Saturday, January 16, 2010

Me as a Missionary / Relief for Haiti

Here I am on the first day I was able to wear my missionary badge for the Area Support Mission in Family History Center Support that I am currently serving for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I live at home and serve part-time. It is a lot of studying to get trained.

The wall hanging behind me is a nativity Christmas card holder that I quilted and put together last fall. All my Christmas decorations but this one are put away. That is because I want to take a few more leisurely moments to look through all the greeting cards sent by family and friends.

Everyone who can, I hope you donate to the Haitian relief effort. The Red Cross is a good organization to donate to, as is the L.D.S. Church's relief fund. The Church often works directly with trusted organizations already in the area. To learn more what the Church is doing, go to:
http://give.lds.org/emergencyresponse.

To donate through the Church, go to http://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/.


No comments:

Post a Comment