Friday, January 15, 2010

Would you like that tote-wrapped?


Okay, I already know that I will never win any ribbons at the county fair for gift-wrapping. But, I had a bulky wedding gift to find a box for, wedding wrapping paper and a bow to shop for and then I had to get it wrapped well enough that it did not look like one of my cats did the job for me. Not my favorite thing to do...

Since I am focused on containerizing lately, I remembered that one of the department stores had storage totes on special for a very reasonable price. I decided--hey--instead of going crazy looking for the right-sized box and spending money on fancy paper that will just end up in the trash, why not spend about the same amount on a wrapping the new couple can use after all the wedding festivities are over?

Hence, the wedding tote. I taped the lid shut, added a satin ribbon and a homemade bow, and toted it to the reception. Like I said, no prizes, but it did the job.

Yes, I know, a solid white storage tote is against my advice to keep containers clear. However, (a) white is an appropriate color for a wedding gift, and (b) I did not want them (and everyone else at the reception) to see what I gave them until the joyous couple were ready to open presents.

If nothing else, anything they want to save for "re-gifting", they can store in the tote.

1 comment:

  1. Robyn-I really enjoyed you blog today on your Dad and brother it is so nice to see the things Bob did & your tote idea is great!

    ReplyDelete