Sunday, July 24, 2011

Double Challenge

With everything going on last week, it was a double challenge to work on my two challenges for the week.

First, there was the tail-end of the weed-out-the-garden-boxes challenge.  I intended to do it Monday, then Tuesday morning, but finally got it finished on Friday.


Now I can start all over with the first box and try to get the weeds before they are two feet high again!


I also started working on the hanging quilt I am making out of the Challenge Fabric I received at the Gateway Quilter's Guild January meeting.  The yard I received was the large leaf pattern of pink, lavender and aqua green on the black background.  Since these are not the usual colors with which I work, I spent a couple of months and trips to several fabric stores looking for coordinating colors and patterns.  If I want to finish this project by the quilt show the first weekend in October, I decided I need to get busy on it.

I used the gold metallic thread in a leaf design around the black border of the center square to bring out the gold outlining on the leaves.  I really focused on getting my points clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment