Friday, October 19, 2012

Stupid Human Tricks

Kids, don't try this at home.....
I wanted some honey. My honey was in the refrigerator because we had an ant problem several months ago. So, I stuck my "honey bear" bottle in the microwave. What I should have done is set it for 10% or 20% power for only a few seconds until it softened. Instead, I put it on auto-defrost, thinking that surely that would be at a low setting. Guess again.

I opened the microwave after several seconds and my honey was bubbling. Okay, hotter than I wanted, but time to get it out. Just as I reached for the bottle, Honey Bear blew his top. Boiling honey spewed all over my shirt, all across the kitchen floor with the back of my right hand bearing the brunt of the eruption.

The microwave was a mess (This picture is post-clean-up.), the kitchen floor spattered and me coated better than a honey-glazed ham. But, I had the presence of mind to tip-toe through the hot honey drops on the floor and stick my hand under cold water for several minutes before I did anything else. Last night the hand was red and burned, but tolerable, thanks to several smear-ons of cortisone with aloe vera cream. This morning it was only pink with minimal pain, although I sported several large blisters. I spared you, dear readers, a picture of the blisters because it was not a pretty sight.

Last night, after changing all my clothes, I mopped the floor three times. This morning, my shoes still stuck to the tile. Let's hope the lesson sticks in my brain so I do not repeat this stupid human trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment