Sunday, May 12, 2013

Strummin' Sons

I made baby blankets for each of my grandchildren. Most (all?) definitely looked like "loving hands at home" to put it nicely. Now that I am learning to quilt, my goal is to make a quilt for each of my adult children and their spouse.
These two quilts are for my two currently unattached sons who enjoy playing the guitar. It took several months of shopping to find all the fabrics with a guitar theme. Unfortunately, the fabrics available to me were not necessarily color-coordinated. So, these quilts are theme-coordinated. If they are hard on the eyes, blink twice and put on your shades to proceed.
 The quilt above I named "Rock Star." The son who received this knows why.
This quilt is named "Gee-tar Man." Unfortunately, I merrily cut out the outside sashing, sewed it on and quilted the thing before I realized I forgot the inside narrow sashing I wanted to use. Oh, well. It's still cute. 

This is the back of "Rock Star." Found lots of this gold and black guitar pattern at K-mart.
This back is for "Gee-tar Man." Since the front got a little short-changed, I made the back a little fancier.



And, since I advised my strummin' sons to store these quilts wrapped in a fabric pillowcase or a sheet rather than in plastic or particle board furniture, I made them each a pillowcase so they have no excuse--not that they would resort to one. However, if they USE the quilts as I intend, then they have a bonus pillowcase they can use on their pillows. (Where is a smiley-face emoton when you want one?)

No comments:

Post a Comment