Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring Comes Early

*


While coming out of Target during the days of our last rain storm, I saw many people on the sidewalk and in the parking lot facing east. The sun was ready to set in the west. Many had their cell phones out taking pictures. I waited until I got to themy car before I got out my camera, so this rainbow was not as wide and intense in color as it was when I first saw it.

Since then we have had a week of weather with temperatures in the low- to mid-sixties--once the fog burned off. So, even though we are due for another rain storm this weekend, spring has come. The blossoms are out on the almond trees.




One of the best things about driving California freeways where there has been recent contruction is that contractors often plant wild flowers for erosion control.



No comments:

Post a Comment