Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why It REALLY Pays to Get Organized


Today I went to my supply drawer for a spiral-bound notebook to use for my family history area support mission. It reminded me of why it really, really pays to get organized.

To fully appreciate what I am about to write, you need to understand that before I got hooked on quilting, my favorite places to shop were book stores and stationary stores. I could not pass up a bargain, especially once I knew I was due to retire shortly. I wanted to be sure I had plenty of supplies for my family history notebooks and other writing projects. So, when stuff went on sale, I bought ahead.

While I was in organization mode last month, I finally, after two years or more, gathered up miscellaneous office supplies scattered around in my desks and cabinets, and consolidated them in one place. What an eye-opener! Some supplies I have enough of for three lifetimes. Just the new 8-1/2" by 11" size, not the recycled/reuse items or the hard-cover 3-ring binders, include the following:

1" soft binders - 7; spiral-bound notebooks - 11; packages of lined paper - 8; triple-cut manila folders - 20; color triple-cut folders - 28; 2-pocket paper portfolios - 18; 2-pocket plastic portfolios - 15; 2-pocket portfolios with 3-ring brads - 29; binder slash pockets - 11; clear 5-tab subject divider sets - 14; cardstock 5-tab subject divider sets - 2; color 5-tab subject divider with pockets sets - 7; color 5-tab view divider sets - 5; color 8-tab subject divider with pockets sets - 3; bound journals - 3; plastic pocket portfolios - 3; 13 pocket expanding wallet portfolios - 3.

If I look like I am heading to Staples again, someone please steer me towards Office Supplies Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment